Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Boy? Girl? Either one!




Since I am having to take the year off of the cake making due to going back to get my master's, I haven't made a cake in about 3 months!!! I had already promised my sister awhile ago that I would make this cake for her, so when the time came to actually do it, I was a little scared that I wouldn't remember all of the little "tricks" that I would need! Luckily-it all came back to me! :)

This cake was for a baby shower, for my sister's friend Lauren. Her and her husband did not find out whether they were having a boy or girl, so this cake was for either sex! My sister found napkins that inspired the cake, so my design was based off that. Everything was done in fondant, except for the white swirls that circle the cake, the polkadots on the carriage, and the black beaded boarder. The inside of the cake was strawberry cake, then a layer of vanilla buttercream, then chocolate cake, vanilla buttercream, strawberry cake, vanilla buttercream. Strawberry, chocolate and vanilla in one bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment